Life lessons from an 80-year-old man.
1. Have a firm handshake.
2. Look people in the eye.
3. Sing in the shower.
4. Own a great stereo system.
5. If in a fight, hit first and hit hard.
6. Never give up on anybody. Miracles happen every day.
7. Always accept an outstretched hand.
8. Be brave. Even if you’re not, pretend to be. No one can tell the difference.
10. Avoid sarcastic remarks.
11. Choose your life’s mate carefully. From this one decision will come 90 percent of all your happiness or misery.
12. Make it a habit to do nice things for people who will never find out.
13. Lend only those books you never care to see again.
18. Become the most positive and the enthusiastic person you know
19. Loosen up. Relax. Except for rare life and death matters, nothing is as important as it first seems.
20. Don’t allow the phone to interrupt important moments. It’s there for our convenience, not the callers.
21. Be a good loser.
22. Think twice before burdening a friend with a secret.
23. Be a good winner.
24. When someone hugs you, let them be the first to let go.
25. Live your life so that your epitaph could read, No Regrets.
26. Be modest. A lot was accomplished before you were born.
27. Keep it simple.
28. Beware of the person who has nothing to lose.
29. Don’t burn bridges. You’ll be surprised by how many times you have to cross the same river.
30. Be bold and courageous. When you look back on life, you’ll regret things. you didn’t do more than the ones you did.
31. Never Give up.
32. Never miss an opportunity to tell someone you love.
33. Remember no one makes it alone. Have a grateful heart and be quick to acknowledge those who helped you.
34. Take charge of your attitude. Don’t let someone else choose it for you..
35. Visit friends and relatives when they are in the hospital; you need only stay a few minutes.
36. Begin each day with some of your favorite music.
37. Once in a while, take the scenic route.
38. Send a lot of Valentine’s cards. Sign them, “Someone who thinks you’re terrific.
39. Answer the phone with enthusiasm and energy in your voice.
40. Keep a notepad and pencil on your bed-side table. Million-dollar ideas. sometimes strike at 3 a.m.
41. Show respect for everyone who works for a living, regardless of how trivial their job.
42. Send your loved one flowers. Think of a reason later.
43. Make someone’s day by paying the toll for the person in the car behind you.
44. Become someone’s hero.
45. Marry only for love.
46. Count your blessings.
47. Compliment the meal when you’re a guest in someone’s home.
48. Wave at the children on a school bus
49. Remember that 80 percent of the success in any job is based on your ability to deal with people.
50. Don’t expect life to be fair.